Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift componets

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cgreenatl, Dec 28, 2003.

1. cgreenatl

cgreenatl Registered Member

I'm looking for some input on different componets to use for springs/shackles, etc.. Starting with an 88' K5 and trying to get to 6" of lift. Here is what I'm looking at right now. I have a D60/14B combo ready to go under the truck.

Front:
    Skyjacker 4" Springs
    ORD 1" Offset Add-A-Leaves
    Figured about 1" from the D60

Rear:
    ORD 2.5" Shackle Flip
    Skyjacker 2.5" Spring
    ORD 1" Off-Set Add-a-Leaf
    About 1" from 14B
    ORD Greaseable shackles

I figured the ORD add-a-leafs would be great for moving the axle around, I want to run 38.5" TSL/SX, and hack the fenders.

Any input would be greatly appericated.

2. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

i went through this same dilemma last month and this is what i decided to do. as of this weekend, i have installed everything except the rear springs and shims. if you want i can snap some pics.

4 inch springs up front
    d60 = ¾ inch
    heavy duty ord shackels = ¼ inch
    shim = about ½ inch to ¾ inch.

rear = ord 4 inch flip
    14 bolt = ½ inch (close as i can tell)
    2 inch springs
    shim = same as above

if you do the shims last, you may be able to have one of them cut a bit thicker in the middle (front or back) to even out. if your rig is setting even prior to the rear shim, you may want to have the spring purches rotated to keep the extra 1/2 to i inch off.