Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift for 1990 v1500

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shawndzugas, Oct 14, 2004.

1. shawndzugas

shawndzugas Registered Member

I am going to put a lift on this truck. I have 32x11.50 A/T on it and was wondering if anyone had a pic of a truck with a 2,3 or 4" lift with these size tires. Or, what would you recommend? Also what lifts are good? Rough Country is the cheapest, and I am doing a rear spring lift. Thanks

2. James670X

James670X 1/2 ton status

Don't you mean K1500 (IFS front)?, As far as lifting it goes I would probably go with the 4" lift as a person can run up to 33s (with no body lift, hacking, etc...). As for which brand of lift kit is best I really couldn't tell you as I have not run any of them (I've heard good things about pro-comp though).

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

A '90 V1500 is a fullsize Blazer, which still had leaf springs and a solid front axle.............

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    (I've heard good things about pro-comp though).

[/ QUOTE ]

Who told you good things about Pro Comp for IFS?

Pro Comp is trash for IFS trucks. Their leaf springs are ok...but somewhat stiff for a driver.

For the '90 Blazer, I'd suggest any of the softer riding springs. NOT Rough Country or Pro-Comp unless you carry a heavy bumper/winch etc. Tuff Country, Skyjacker makes softrides, among others.

Suspension is the, "how good to I want to spend" department. I highly suggest you get good quality shocks, too. Additional height and flex without control is absolutely worthless.

5. James670X

James670X 1/2 ton status

Oh I did not know that.
    Well then if that's the case a person could make their own lift from custom springs, shocks of your choice (Rancho, Bilstein, etc...), the skies the limit just take a peak at the thread titled "want to see a 5 coke can lift", there's a CC SFA dually that has 20" of lift. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. 91GMCSuburban

91GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I had the same setup before my 4" lift, and after the lift, the tires seemed a bit small. I don't regret going to 4" though because when I needed new tires, I had room for 33's or even 35"s. Go with 4" springs all around, you'll be happier in the longrun. I am also running skyjacker's kit and am happy.

7. shawndzugas

This truck is the older body style solid axle suburban. I think I may go with a 3" Superlift or 4" Rough Country with nitrgogen charged Heckelthorns. My 32s may look a little small with 4" lift, but as someone said I can probably deal with it until they need to be replaced and go to 33s.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You'll want to go to 35s on 4" of lift when the 32s need replacement.

9. shawndzugas

So, in your opinion, would 32s look silly under a 4" lift? My other thought was to add 1" add-a-leafs when I replace the 32s and go with a 2" for now. The main issue now is that the stock springs are sagging. I only have about 1" between the stock front bump stop, so the sag is pretty significant. I was surprised at this since the suburban only has 38,000 miles on it. Is there a huge drawback to add-a-leafs in your opinion? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

10. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

When I bought my sub it was bone stock 3/4ton. The first thing I did was put 33" wild countrys with minor trimming.You could still wheel it but they would rub. The 3" or 4" lift would do fine with 33" tires. Start out small now and going bigger will just be an addiction.Ask me how I know. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

11. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

for lookin silly, look at my webshots, I had a 4" and 33's (measured 32) and it looked a little odd in my opinion. Now I got 35's (had to put on a 2" body lift) but looks much better.