Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift for 35x14x15 SS's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by clubba68, Sep 29, 2003.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Lift for 35x14x15 SS\'s

I am going to put my 35x14x15 SuperSwampers on the first gen. I have 4" Rancho (stiff as hell) on there right now, but I am switching over to the TC EZ Rides. Just wondering in you guys' opinion what lift I should go with 4" or 6".
    Am I going to have to do any drivshaft mods with the 6" TC lift? Want to do pretty minimal fender trimming, but it is also my Daily Driver, and it needs to keep some of its driving integrity. The thing is already enough to handle with 4" and 33's so I would like to keep it as low as possible, but is 4" just too low for those tires?
    Thanks,
    Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    BTW - I am switching lifts to the TC EZ Rides no matter what. Also I think I am going springs all around and no shackle flip in the rear. I would like to have same spring rate front and rear and matching springs instead of shackle flip. Let me know what you think. Any pictures of your rigs would be great too. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: Lift for 35x14x15 SS\'s

Even if you use springs all around, you wont have the same spring rate front and rear. That's not going to happen...that's not how a truck works.

If you use a shackle flip, the rear will be soft, but still not softer than the front.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

if spring rates were the same front and rear, unless there was a good arch difference the front would sag do to the weight.

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well i had 33's and 4" BDS, hadta add a 2" body to clear my 35x14.5 SSR's cause i didnt want to cut my fenders, I could get away just barely cutting the edges but im chicken, and my truck is pretty straight with no rust.

5. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I actually did know that there would be a spring rate difference front to rear. Don't know why I wrote that. I was just interested in keeping with the spring lift all around. Do you guys think a shackle flip would be better than rear springs (the cost doesn't really matter), and do you think 4" or 6" suspension, or 4" with w/ shackle flip or 6" w/ shackle flip and 0 rate add-a-leafs?
    Thanks,
    Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I have a TC EZ ride 4"....My 35x12.50's fit fine, although I don't get to crazy with it yet....The clearances are pretty close, I think you might have issues w/the wider tires. Each rig is a bit different....

I like the way mine rides, but I will be looking for some adjustable shocks for the rear, as it sways around more than I would like it too. (even with two complete D60 rear ends in the back) I am currently NOT runniong a front sway bar.

My plans were to trim if the need came around, which it hasn't yet....

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I wouldn't trade my shackle flip with stock springs and new bushings for anything. I don't know why anyone would NOT use a shackle flip unless they planned on towing.

EDIT:

Go 6" on the front springs.

8. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I am running 4" Procomp lift and 36x12.50/16.5's with very minimal trimming, the only time I rub is in full flex. I can get it to rub the inner fender with the tire cut, not enought to make any noise, just enough to knock the dirt off of it. I agree with everyone else though, every rig and lift has different characteristics. mine has a 4" lift, but looks like it is actually came out closer to a 5.5" lift.

Just my 2 cents

Krennen

9. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I do have a 2000lb boat that I tow maybe 5 times a year. Need to be able to tow it safely 200 miles round trip though.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I had a 4" Rancho lift and 35" BFG muds and they sure beat the hell out of my front fenders on 8" wide wheels. I'd bet on 10s they'd be worse.

11. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Towing it safely will not be a problem, if you do it right. There are several solutions for you, that will all work great. I now tow my 5500 lb trailer/car combo with ease. It wasnt always like this, but after a good weight distributing/anti sway setup, I would not go with anything else.
    Can you tow with out it? Yes. Is it safe to? Not really. THe good part about 2000 lbs of load is that your toungue weight is relatively low. setup the angles correctly, and you should be ok.

You can get a weight distributing hitch starting at like 200 bucks. After reading a lot of the post by guys on here with trailer problems, (and almost loosing my own truck.. twice), I now swear by these systems.

[ QUOTE ]
    I do have a 2000lb boat that I tow maybe 5 times a year. Need to be able to tow it safely 200 miles round trip though.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

12. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif