Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Height . ..Advertised VS Actual...(Rancho and Rough Country)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Dirty Dave, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave 1/2 ton status

I am looking to move up in lift height and am in the process of shopping for a 4in kit but am curious of others experience with the advertised vs actual heights of Rancho and Rough Country.

I know my last Rancho kit was a high 4in more like 5in. I have heard that Rough Country is also a "tall" 4in kit.

Thanks

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

My Rancho 2.5's were right at 4 inches over my wifes stock 79.

3. chrisnjj

chrisnjj Registered Member

I just installed rancho 2 1/2" prerunner front and rear springs. The front is 4 1/4" higher and the rear is 1 3/4" higher. I hope the front settles a little.

4. frankin5

frankin5 Super Mall Crawler Premium Member

the rough county is closer to 6" for their 4" lift. raised my blazer 2" higher than the rancho 4" i had. rancho 4" shocks will not fit. they are too short. had to replace the rear shaft also.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have Superlift 6" lift front spring and they are almost on the money. I am using blocks and add a leaf in the rear, but will be going to Springer Suspension next spring to get rid of the blocks. I went 6" becouse it was the highest lift that still has alot of mod options such as the Springer Suspension. If you go bigger, the mods get limited. With the 6" suspension lift, it gives you more room for larger tires then the 4" will. I also plan on a 2" body lift and trimming my fenders. I do like the look of the extra room in the wheel wells. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Glad someone brought this up. I too am looking to lift a bit but don't know how to get it right the first time. Should I lift the front first and then see what I need for the rear? Mine has the stock reversed arch in the front with military wraps. Any ideas would be appreciated.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

We did the front end first when installing the lift on mine.

8. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

The 4" Rough Country that I installed on my Suburban was right at 4" in the front, and closer to 5" in the rear. Of course now I wish I would have gone 6". /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif