Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift height, and tire size

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by milspecjimmy, Sep 29, 2002.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i have an 89 jimmy, with a 4" rough country lift. i currently am running 32x11.50r15 BFG all terrians. and they look like dount spares. i want to run a 35x12.50 and i dont do hard,y any off roading. think it will be okay while turning? i have a friend who has 2" add a leafs in the front and a 2.5" shackle flip in the rear, and is running 37x12.50 wranglers off from a hummer and it looks great, he has also trimmed about 3.5 inches front and rear of each wheel opening, and none on top, and he wheels all the time with it and never hits any part of the body. i just want it to look like the tires match the lift, not too big, and not the current donut spare look i am sporting right now
    thanks
    ~~~jeff

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you should be fine with that setup and 35's

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Here is a pic's of my k-5 with 4" lift and 35x12.5x15 Big O Big Foot XT's

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I did cut the front of my front fenders and I still need to due the rear of the front. The rear fender I trimmed the rear part and I am leaving the front part of the rear fender alone (no problem of it hitting here).

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i'm currently running 7" front and 6" rear and 36x12.50 TSLs and i could go up to 38s now. the pics in my webshots are with a 4" and 36x12.50s

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] 4" Superlift and 35's.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Keep in mind, with larger tires you may need to change your gears. If you have a automadic transmission, larger tires and stock gears in the axles will usely resolt in a toasted tranny.

7. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I used to run a 2.5" and 35's. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif