Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Height Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by roadhouse66, Apr 9, 2002.

1. roadhouse66

roadhouse66 Registered Member

He guys, gotta question, I'm debating on what size lift to put on my Burby, I'm considering a 4" or 6". I want to run 35's for now, but might go with 37" or 38" down the road. Should I just go for the 6" now? Also what needs to be done about steering with these lifts, just the steering arm?

I was also considering the lift kits from 4wheel Parts, Genuine Suspensions, anyone here of these, are they decent lifts.

For more details, my Burby is a 86, 350, 1/2ton, but I will be installng 3/4ton axles at the time of the lift. D44/14bolt combo.

Thanks for any help.

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i have a 4" lift and 35s...to make it flex i had to cut out some fender. if you think youl be going bigger i would say to get the 6". i just put a 3" body lift on so i can run bigger tires. mods will include brake lines, steering stuf (drop pitman arm, longer drag link) and mayby more??( i only have 4") and you might need some drive line adjustments. somebody who has a 6" will prolly come on and tell you more. hope this helps

3. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

PM chevyhs he has a sub with 6" lift and 36" tires works great or you could find him in the so cal big dawg's section in the main index!

4. jjlaw

jjlaw Registered Member

I have a 6" lift on my burban running 38s was going to run 35 and if you palan on wheeling go with the 35s and 6" I bought the genuine sus. from 4 wheel parts I like it its actully procomp lift comes in procomp boxes for 400.00 out the door came with front springs rear blocks all new u-bolts and brake line extenders for front and rear 4 eleminator shocks{ thought they would be shitty but work well I'll where them out before gitting new ones and a raised sterring arm, put it all on in mydriveway in about two hours no driveline or brake mods.

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I run a 6" and a 3" w/ 38s. No hitting when I flexed it out. The fenders were trimmed by the prev owner, who had 40s w/out the body lift, but I didnt come close to hitting.