Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LIFT HELP NEEDED!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by evil bastard, Mar 16, 2000.

1. evil bastard

evil bastard Registered Member

hey all, newbie lookin for advice on which 4" kit to buy for my 74 blazer. im goin with either tuff country HD or skyjacker. main concerns are ride height and flex. i know the TC springs are super flexy, but i dont plan on doing anything really extreme.the spring rates for these 2 companies show that skyjacker has a higher free arch than TC by about 3/4", and has a higher spring rate. any and all comments are appreciated!

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

go back a page or two on this forum, and you will find a couple threads dealing with the best, and cheapest, ways to lift.
    tuff country came out ahead, i think.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

3. Norm

Norm Registered Member

I just did a Rancho kit with shocks and arm for around $450.00 ( turned out stiffer than I wanted). I ended up lifting the rear an additional 2 inches to come out level. It seams to be a comon problem most lift kits if you use blocks in the rear with your original springs.

4. 76 jimmy Az

76 jimmy Az Registered Member

Hey did the rancho kit include labor or did u install it yourself

5. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I have a superlift superide 6" kit and love it. It rides soo much better than stock.