Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift help on a 99 s10 blazer

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by Confederate9, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

hey guys, im a full size, but i am putting a 5in lift on my friends 99 s10 blazer, dont gotta clue on how to do it. so i need yalls help
    this is the lift he is getting <a target="_blank" href=http://www.4wheelparts.com/product2.asp?imseqn=541&amp;occlass=T%2FM&amp;cat=SUS&amp;id=9P>http://www.4wheelparts.com/product2.asp?imseqn=541&amp;occlass=T%2FM&amp;cat=SUS&amp;id=9P</a>

so can yall gimme some help?
    thanks

<font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    85 K5 4IN LIFT 35 GOOD YEAR WRANGLER MT/R, AMERICAN RACING WHEELS

2. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

Looks a lot like the one Peterson's 4WOR did an article on this month. You might check out that article, they walked through the install. Granted they did it on a z71, but both are IFS...

Good luck

John

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Plan on it taking up an entire weekend of very long days. Even then, it may not be ready to roll again come Monday morning. There's a lot of work involved in installing an IFS lift. Basically, every part of the front end has to come apart. Then you start torching off brackets, cutting ears off the diff housing, bolting on brackets, changing brake lines, etc. It's likely that the crossover pipe for the exhaust will also have to be modified. With that much lift the driveshaft is going to want to occupy the space now filled by that pipe. [​IMG]

Read the directions about 10 times before you even pull the truck into the shop. [​IMG] This way you'll have a better understanding of all the stuff that has to be done.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

thanks for the help, im looking forward to this
    hes doin the 5in lift, then torqueing it up a little more

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I've done quite a few of these lifts on full size and mid-sized trucks. Trail master has very very good instructions, if you follow them step by step you should be fine. The only problem I see is there are some special tools you will need, to remove the torsion bars and some other funky things. But with the right tools you should be ok. Just plan on it taking the weekend, or at least a good part of it.

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

holy crap I didn't see the date of this post! Did you alredy do this? How did it go?