Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift ideas ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Orange Crush, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm currently running the old school 8 inch shyjacker lift springs front and rear with a 3 inch body lift. I have a lot of cutting in the fenders to clear 44 boggers on 15x14 eaton beadlocks, 3 1/2 backspacing. Its a little to tippy on the trail. I'm thinking 52's in front 63's in the rear with a shackle reversal. Keeping the body lift. limit the up travel . concentrate on droop. Any suggestions? TIA Eric

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a plan for me, but what about just using 56's in the rear. They seem to flex really good and you don't have all that extra spring hanging out waiting to get caught on something.

3. Orange Crush

That may be an option I just want to get some get droop for flex. 56's are rear 3/4 ton right? The major problem I think maybe The springs wrapping up to much. May have to install something to limit wrap. Thanks Eric

4. Geargrinder

Geargrinder 1/2 ton status

I have 56's out back, with 6" lift blocks :eek1: and I don't have any problems with axle wrap. But I'm only on 35's, not 44's, so I'm not sure how much of a diferance that makes. They ARE old soft springs, they flex ALOT and give a nice soft ride :laugh:

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I see nothing wrong with 52s/63s... are you going to use aftermarket lift springs or stockers? Prolly need some lift to clear those big old 44s ya got! You'll definitely need a traction bar in the rear. I'm going to go with something sorta like this...

linky

but with a slip-joint instead of a shackle. Ought to work just fine. Stock long chevy springs are very flexible and make for a great suspension, but you'll need some kind of trac bar so when ya hammer down you don't destroy your spring packs.

j

6. Orange Crush

Thanks for the link for the anti wrap bar. How much lift do you get from stock 52's? Around 4 inches. If so maybe some 2 inch lifted springs . Im gonna have to do some research. Thanks to all. Keep the info coming--Eric

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, stockers are 4-5" depending on the pack and how to relocate the mounts. Some 2 or 3" Tuffcountry springs would prolly work best for you.

j