Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift info...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85k5blzr, May 19, 2001.

1. 85k5blzr

85k5blzr 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about getting a 4" or a 6" lift. I have an 85 K5 with the stock 10 bolts and 3.08s. I use my truck for a daily driver and occasional mudding. I want the heighth of the 6" lift and 35s (might as well since i have to change gearing anyway). I was wondering what is the best lift for my application. I want something that rides soft, but can perform offroad. I was also wondering about how much i am looking at to pay for everything and the difference in price between the 6" and 4" ( i know there are a lot of other things tha have to be done with the 6"). Any input is greatly appreciated.

K5 just upgraded to rig status! [​IMG]

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Might wanna do a search on this. You'll find about one ... thousand posts on this [​IMG]

- SlyDog [​IMG]

3. 85k5blzr

85k5blzr 1/2 ton status

the one thing i haven't been able to find is prices and 4 wheel places haven't been very helpful on this, don't like to give estimates for some reason. I was just wondering what the price difference would be between the two. I know my 4" will be like $600 for tires, $400 for the kit, $400 for installation, $600 for gearing sets and install.

K5 just upgraded to rig status! [​IMG]

4. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

I'll do your lift for $200

STOLEN '89 K5 - 4" lift. Found in Compton (go figure)
    stripped and dismantled.
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tori89k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.tori89k5.coloradok5.com</A>