Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Input NEEDED !

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KapeKodK5, Mar 25, 2001.

1. KapeKodK5

KapeKodK5 Registered Member

I have a 4 inch Superlift Superride on my 90 Blazer. Here is my Dilemma, I want another inch or two lift. A: do I go with a front shackle lift for an extra inch or so.. or B: buy new BDS springs. I have heard good things about them but, is there really that much difference to make it worth buying a new set of springs..? I only do about 10 % offroad. I would like aa little softer ride but, flex is not too much of a concern...What do you think I need advice.. I just did a shackle flip in the rear with two inch rear spring lift..... WHat do you guys think.. there is a major difference in price like $200..my labor is no concern...

2. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

Why not just do a 2" body lift then?

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

If you only want an Inch, why not the ORD 1" body lift??

You need a softer ride? Your Superlifts Superirdes aren't soft enough? The ones I have a pretty soft iwouldn't wnat em much softer..

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

"Pimpin aint easy!"

4. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I'm assuming you need the extra inch or so up front to match the total 6" of lift out back w/ the shackle flip and the 2" springs -or did you opt for the 2.5" lift shackle flip from ORD?. The only thing I'd do is go w/ ORD's heavy duty front shackles and see if that gives you enuff lift. I wouldn't use those other shckles out there that give you 1-2" lift -I've heard bad things about those kinda shckle lifts. If thats not e-nuff I'm sure you can sell your new 4" superides pretty quick and get the bigger springs from BDS. Hope that helps! -Tommy