Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Install

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by ChevyHuny, Jun 27, 2002.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

For those of you that have had a lift installed on your IFS, how much did it cost you and where did you have it done.

Also did you buy your lift from the place you bought it or has anyone had a lift installed that they carried in.

Ive called around and got a bunch of prices (wich Im still doing) on installs but whats the best you all have found?
    Please let me know how many inches you had installed, im looking for an install on a 4inch lift myself.

Thanks /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Mandy,
    the 6" that Katie had installed( I mean the lift her dad bought and had installed) on her 96 tahoe was $1500 to install it..../forums/images/icons/crazy.gif that is just crazy to pay that. A guy my dad works with has a 2000 Silverado that he had priced a lift for and it was also quoted at $1,000+ it is a basicly a 2 day ordeal.

hope this helps.

-Jeremy

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

have a 1400 quote at Billy Bobs, that is including the lift price, install and alignment. Only called 3 places so far and I have a friend who works at sears that would do it for me fora few hundred bucks if I bring the lift in.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

The alignment is about $40 down here at almost anywhere. the $1400 quote with lift and install is a good deal. Most shops down here want $50-60 an hour for labor.

5. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

usually a 4wd shop will charge about 5-$600 to install a lift kit. then of course about $20 for the exhaust mod and about $50 for an alignment.

i'm having my lift installed by my uncle(certified mech), so i'm pretty lucky /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Thats cool /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Im still going back and forth between having a friend do it and a shop. Im thinking more for a shop becuase if anything is wrong I can take it back and Id probubly be safer. Damn IFS. I wonder how people are going to afford to lift their trucks with 4wheel independent suspension. Mine as well start taking out loans for the truck AND for the lifts.

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I usually charge about $500 to $700 for the install (depends on the make of the kit) I also have yet to install a rack at my house so thats doing it on my back. It still only takes me about 10hrs. to complete, again depending on the kit. I usually need to wait for the exhaust guy to wake up to do the cutting and welding. LOL. When you do get it done make sure they remove the camber "knockouts" otherwise your alignment will never be right or the alignment shop will charge more to remove them after the fact. Most shops do but.....Good luck. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif