Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Install?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by ChevyHuny, Feb 17, 2003.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I have had a 4 inch lift sitting here ready to be put on for a while now. I have a few people who are willing to do it too but I am curious. Is there anyplace around Washington (like a shop and or a place that does these things more then once) that would do it. The lift is used. Its in great condition wasnt on the truck for long yadda yadda. I still have to get some camber bolts but other then that I am set. Just curious if anyone knows of shops or people that do them even if the lift is not bought from them right out of the package all shiney, new and too expensive.

P.S. Its for an IFS [​IMG] Don't worry its just a little 4 inch, I think it can handle it.

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

What brand is the lift?
    I have installed about a bizillion 4"-6" IFS kits. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Depending on the brand of kit I can steer you in the right direction.
    BTW what adjustment bolts do you need? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

3. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Les Schwabb will but not used, and anyone who does do it wont give you any warranty /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif if needed, me and whoever else could, maybe ntaj*ep or something, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif you could hold the baby too /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yikes, ifs?

<j runs away screaming like a mad man...> /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

every time i see an ifs lift install in a mag I'm like "good gawd, that kit has 500 parts!!". Sorta intimidating, Im sure some ck5 guys could figure it out though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

5. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

IFS lifts are simple. IT tends to scare poeple with all the parts involed. Once you worked on ifs and know what you are doing it is pretty easy.
    Colin

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, prolly. Hell, 3-4 years ago I didnt know jack about my rigs suspension (does it get any more simple? lol!) and even had 4wp install a lift for me. Now thats sad. AFA IFS goes, some of the installs in mags are a little complicated... some x-member removal, some welding... poop like that. May be easy once you've done it before... but it sure as heck aint like unbolting a set of springs and swapping in new ones. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

7. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i know the techs at billy bobs off road...i also know the mgr at tacoma 4wheel parts....me personally ive helped a guy do a couple of those they arent that difficult just kinda time consuming...as long as u have access to the tools all usually goes well....i can aske them for ya if ya want ....

8. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What brand is the lift?
    I have installed about a bizillion 4"-6" IFS kits. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Depending on the brand of kit I can steer you in the right direction.
    BTW what adjustment bolts do you need? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Its a ProComp umm, I cant remember which stage it is. I beleive it is a stage two. It was last summer that I purchased the lift so its been a bit. I was told that since I bought the lift used I should get new camber bolts? Jeremy found some for me for around 20 dollars. I am a little confused as to whether or not I need sway bar links. I have been told yes and no. They are pictured in the lift but I did not get them when I purchased the used lift. There was a few things that I didnt get but the rest were things I just didn't need on my truck anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
    i know the techs at billy bobs off road...i also know the mgr at tacoma 4wheel parts....me personally ive helped a guy do a couple of those they arent that difficult just kinda time consuming...as long as u have access to the tools all usually goes well....i can aske them for ya if ya want ....

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be great. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Any help even if it is just info is great. My dad has a lot of tools that I am allowed to use.

I do not have the instructions. If I called pro comp would the send me some on a older lift? These IFS lifts scare me too. All that you have to do especialy with having to cut things off of the truck like the bump stops. Not something I could handle doing at all. I would think if it is not done right the first time you do not have any second chances and you can never go back. This truck is my baby /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif, so I have tossed the idea around of just not putting it on the truck but.... who wants to be that low to the ground? Even in a IFS? So. just a little lift so he doesn't feel so tiny among the big trucks. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif