Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift it and how?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bri's88Jimmy, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Bri's88Jimmy

Bri's88Jimmy Registered Member

I've got an 88 Jimmy dam I love it. I have the performance wheel spacers on my rear axel so not to have the sucked in look. But what I want to know is can I lift my truck with shakles and can i put them on all four corners? The reason I ask is i saw a jeep lifted like this and it would be cheaper than buying a suspention lift. When i lift my truck it will only be about 2 to 3 inches, would i have to buy new longer drive shafts break lines and any other assorted thing that you may think of?
    Thanks Brian Sav

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Putting longer shackles in the rear would actually lower your blazer. A shackle flip would solve that problem (check out the ORD forum for more info). But if you are too cheap too buy them, you can make them. There is an article somewhere on this site (or maybe off-road.com/chevy) that shows how to do it. In the front, you can lift with shackles, but not much. Maybe about an inch or so. You can also get 2 inch blocks for the rear and add-a-leaves for the front which would lift 2 inches, but the ride would suffer. With 2-3 inches of lift your d-shaft angles shoud be fine but you can always lower your t-case if needed. The brakles can be left as they are but should be replaced with longer ones. Your steering should remain in good working order.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

3. SuperUnknown

SuperUnknown 1/2 ton status

You could always go with a 2-3" body lift. If you make one yourself it will cost next to nothing.

[​IMG]I spend more time under my truck then I do in it.[​IMG]