Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift it

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ben794X4, Aug 31, 2001.

1. ben794X4

ben794X4 Registered Member

I am wanting to lift my stock blazer to clear 33's. I have been looking at several options including springs shackle kits and something I havent seen before which is the Revolver shackle while I of course want improved off road performance driving this old friend everyday requires that I sacrifice as little on road performance as possible. I am new to this in that I have never done a lift before despite having owned six blazers and (gasp) broncos. I will be doing this myself and have reasonable mechanical skill and a mig welder I just cant resist playing with:) allreplies appreciated.

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Your best bet would be 4" front springs, and a 4" ORD shackle flip if your rear springs are in good shape, otherwise 4" springs in the rear too. If you get a kit with blocks, you'll eventually want rid of them, so you may as well do it right up front. Revolvers don't have very good manners on the road, straight shackles are much better for highway use.

1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

You can save money over the ORD shackle flip by cutting out the bottom of your shackle hanger and dropping the shackle through. Then all you need is a 4 inch front spring and you're set :)

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

4. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

4" sounds good. nothin to it.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com