Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Kit and Frame Shock mounts... Question about moving them lower

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by eripley, Oct 20, 2003.

1. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

I want to put a 4" lift kit on my truck after seeing these cool rides. I think I got the cart in front of the horse. I bought Rancho RS9000 shocks for my stock 79 blazer. As you know These shocks are only for stock or a max of 2" lift. The kit I'm looking at is the $275 kit on ebay from rough country. Everything is there including the shocks. I wanted to keep the $300+ shocks I already bought. I was thinking that it didnt seem difficult to move the shock mounts on the frame 2" lower to accomodate the stock rancho shocks that I already have. Is there any detrimental effects to doing this? Im not knowledgeable enough to know. All I do is go mudding anyways. I could just use the shocks that come with the kit and sell the rancho's but I stand to loose about $150 or more. Plus those ranchos ride on the street so nice.

I guess I should have thought ahead. Oh well, it will be a year or two before I do the lift anyways.

any suggestions?!

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

well if you are not lifting it for a year or two, use the Ranchos for now and sell them when you do put the lift on, then it won't feel so bad to only get half your money back on them. I would not change the shock mounts to fit the stock shocks though, doesn't seem like a good idea and you will likely end up wanting to change iot down the road.