Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift kit for 90 blazer w/ 3/4 ton set up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyjeff, Feb 12, 2004.

1. chevyjeff

chevyjeff 1/2 ton status

Found a good deal on the net for a new T.C. 4" lift w/ blocks in rear. (I know blocks /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif its my DD) Do I order the kit for a 87 3/4 ton truck that these axils came out of or do I need to call and talk to a sales tech about custom matching parts. Thus forgoing the slaes price. The setup is as follows 14 bolt S.F. rear and a 8 lug 10 bolt for the front. I am pretty sure all front springs are the same but I bet the rear 14 bolt axil dia. is bigger than the 1/2 ton 10 bolt.

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

NO get the half ton springs. Yes you will need U-bolts and spring plates for the 14BFF. Axle tube size is 3/8" bigger. Maybe call them and tell them that you need diff u-bolts maybe they'll hook ya up /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You just need to have them substitute 3/4 ton rear u-bolts. The fronts should be the same as other 10 bolts. It wouldnt be too much to install a shackle flip and forget those blocks though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I was told when i ordered mine that the front springs are the same as the 3/4 tons, but i forgot to mention to the sales guy when i ordered my kit that i had a 3/4 ton axle on the rear, therfore they sent me blocks and u-bolts for a 1/2 ton setup, well when i went to install everything, the new 1/2 ton u-bolts are too narrow, i called them and they sent me a new set of u-bolts for free. So yes, you need it to be for a 3/4 ton setup. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif