Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift kit....Great service and price from rough country!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90idahoblazer, Oct 1, 2001.

1. 90idahoblazer

90idahoblazer 1/2 ton status

Does anyone make a 2 1/ 2 " rear springs. Is a shackle flip or blocks my only option? I have blocks now but my butt is sagging and the front ranchos are are so stiff I have to get my fillings replaced every 2 weeks. I was going to go back to stock height but my wife who is 38 years old says she dont want to drive an old grandpa truck. I guess I shouldnt complain. So if any one out there knows where I can get a 2" lift without having to go to the flip or blocks let me know. I would rather have springs.
    thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 90idahoblazer on 10/02/01 09:26 PM.</FONT></P>

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: lift kit....

add a leaves should do the trick

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradoK5.com/gallery/Pauls89K5>http://coloradoK5.com/gallery/Pauls89K5</a>

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Whow, your wife is cool. Everybody and his brother makes 2.5" springs. Rancho, BDS, Superlift, on and on and on. Now watch everyone try to talk you into a 4" lift. Personally I don't see the point of having all that height and a rough ride for around town. The 2.5" is more practical, rides better, and the driveline angles take less work to get right.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>

4. 90idahoblazer

Are the rear springs arched to 2 1/2 " or are there blocks for these kits?

5. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

You can do either or, your choice. The prefered method is the springs and that costs a little extra. Just flipping through 4wheel and off road.....Tuff Country is $637 w/ springs and shocks and $377 for the block kit and that can be either 2" or 3". Not necassarily endorsing that company but that just had a huge ad upfront. I'd do a search or put a post down as to see which lift company is the best. Some ride like crap, or not the advertised height and thats where a little research helps.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>

6. 90idahoblazer

THANKS

7. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

I thought if you flip the shackles you get 4"not 2". Just wondering....

8. Overdrive

Overdrive Registered Member

Rough Country makes a nice 2 1/2" lift rear spring. I just put a pair on my 89 Suburban. Ask for Jack if you call them he gives a great discount! This is my 2nd truck with Rough Country products and I could not be happier. I purchased the above rear springs for $335.00 ( with 50.00 shipping included) but that is a little more (about 50.00) than a K5 would pay because I have 56" springs and not the usual 52". On the shock side, I tried the Ranchos too.... WAY to harsh of a ride. My last set was ProComp ES3000s and they ran great! Not too firm and not too soft...

Hope that helps

Overdrive

9. 90idahoblazer

ORD says they have a flip kit that will give you 2" lift with stock springs. 4" lift with 2" springs and so on

10. 90idahoblazer

thanks for the info...I will call them

11. 90idahoblazer

Over drive you were right!!!! Awesome discount. I ordered a full 2" kit front and rear springs with shocks. For 530.00 that includes fedral express shipping.....I have read alot about the Hecketthorne shocks and it has been pretty good reviews. Anyway thanks for the heads up. They are having an awesome sale on a 4" lift. You guys otta check it out. I will let you know how my rig rides when I get it installed.

12. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Like Rough Country

These guys are good to deal with. No complaining from them if you need to use the warranty.

13. 90idahoblazer

Re: Like Rough Country

Yea thats what the guy told me....He said they ask very few questions when people want to return somthing....sounds good to me!!!

14. 90idahoblazer

Re: Like Rough Country

Where are you at in Boise.....I live in Mountain Home....do you do any Fly fishing? Or wheeling?