Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Kit Guys - I Need Pics

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Shorts, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

i need to see the rear lower control arm drop brackets and rear lower crossmember on your lift kit. i'm thinking of modifying my RLCA brackets because i don't like they way they hang down. looks like i'm plowing rows! i just want to see the designs on other kits and see if i can safely modify mine.

i'm still thinking about the downward travel(i know i know...ifs travel???) ...the downward travel of the lower control arms. i know they'll be limited by the sway bar, end links, knuckles/UCAs, cv joints....but i don't wanna end up stetching something to the point of carnage.

[​IMG]

2. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

I had the 6" pro comp kit and the lower bumpstop didnt seem to hang down as far.Thats what you are referring to right.The bumpstop for the lower control arm?I know the RLCA crossmember itself was at the same height as tje FLCA
    crossmember.I didnt have alot of plowing with these crossmembers but I was running 40" hawgs,and yep they tore up everything!IM solid axle now so no more worries!

3. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

yeah, thats what i'm referring to. i turned up the tbars about .25"(not really up to .5") to get a little clearance between my lower control arm and the upper bumpstop and level the truck. it still sit .5" rear-end high, but it looks good to me /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif as it is, i only have maybe .25"-.5"...not much room really. i figure my control arms are suppose to be centered in between the bumpstops, but thats no way going to happen. tbars and i won't allow it /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

anyway, i'm going to whiz the lower bumpstops off straight across. i'm going to install limiting straps on the control arms so in case there's a chance the arms will drop too far, i don't wanna bust a ball joint or anything else.