Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift kit instalation ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by reaper450, Oct 20, 2006.

1. reaper450

reaper450 Registered Member

While installing a 3" body lift on my 82 k5 I ran across these directions. Being new to the modification scene I was wondering if this was necessary which it very well could be. I is a 3" body lift from performance accessories and it says, "for a floor shift manual transmission, make sure that vehicle is in first gea. Detach clutch linkage from the pedal rod, then from the clutch housing. I assume that this has something to do with having to take the shift linkage out in order to extend it. So can anybody please take the time to sit down and help poor little nieve me? I don't know where to even start on this step. All help and comments are appreciated. Thanks.

2. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

Wish i had done manual trannys, however i have installed (3) 3" bodylifts of which 2 were performance acc. Never found any of them hard, just extremely time consuming. Those are the best kit i've seen, and you might want to try there tech help.

you prolly do need to extend the linkage. Been a while but the only thing i remember lengthening on my kits were the steering shaft. I dunno.