Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Kit Installation Mods

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77JimmyMan, Nov 12, 2001.

1. 77JimmyMan

77JimmyMan Registered Member

All right, I got a problem I hope you can help with. I recently purchased a 4" Rough Country Lift with rear springs for my 77" GMC Jimmy High Sierra (if it makes a difference). What happned is the parking cables are now too short and so is the rear drive shaft (Its the slip joint style). Have any of you experienced this? If so what is the best way to fix this. Are extensions avaible for the brake cables? Will a drive shaft from another truck fit in place of mine or will i have to have it extended. Im hope you guys can help me out, Im new at this.

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

On the e-brake cable...is there enough thread on the adjustment piece in the front to get enough slack in the lines? I know my 4" lift worked with no adjustments. but if I flexed the rear the brake light would come on cus the line would be tight enough to set the brake,LOL just look to see if there is any adjustment left, thats all I have for ya.

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

What 55 said on the e brake. On the shaft did you drop the t case at all? Most likely though you will need to have it retubed so it will be longer.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>