Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift kit or system?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solid454, May 19, 2000.

1. solid454

solid454 Registered Member

i was looking at skyjackers 4" lift and the have a kit and then a 52" and 56" system. what is the differance between these three? and how dose the skyjacker lift kit hold up to the trail master lift kit

BIG HEAVY AND MEAN

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

The lift kit means you get new front springs and blocks to lift the rear. Or a combo of blocks and add-a-leaves. The 52 and 56 refer to the length of the leaf springs in the rear. You need to measure your old ones to be sure what you have. New rear springs are expensive and they can ride pretty stiff. And blocks also have problems like axlewrap under heavy acceleration. Why don't you think about doing an Off-Road Design shackle flip in the rear. I just ordered mine today. Go to the "search" part of this website and type in "shackle flip" It'll tell you alot. It even comes in the 4 inch lift size you want.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

All blazers should have 52" rear springs. I would go with the new rear springs. The kit comes with rear blocks witch
    would be ok. It all depends on how much you want to spend and condition of current springs. Shackle flip is also a good idea, but if your back springs are sagging go for the new rear springs.