Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift kit problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by joeshmo473, Dec 18, 2004.

1. joeshmo473

joeshmo473 Registered Member

ok i have my 80 blazer sitting high on a 6 inch tuff country, but hey, no steering or brakes in the front at least. i cant get the stinkin steering arm off and i have no clue how to get the brake lines off without twisting them up, post any 1st hand experience. by the way i have already sprayed stuff on the steering arm, pryed at it, pickle forked it, over tightened and let off, it just wont break lose, i was about to pee on it!, save my sanity

2. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

hey i just finished puttin my 4" rough country lift on the last 2 things i have to do to completely finish it is the steering knuckle and grind a lil of the front drive shaft CVU joint, then relocate the brake line bracket. Anyway, i already tried the steering knuckle and it seems like im gonna have to sit there witha torch a lil propane one i have until it get red hot, that seems like the only wayt to get it off. I have tried liquid wrench, and 3ft helper bars and nothing breaks them loose. so tommarow im gonna give that one a go. goodluck to you.

3. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Big Hammer...hehehe. I used a 5lb sledge and about 10 hits she was off, and I live in the rust belt. A few hits on the top by the cones helps it to break those suckers loose. Do apposing hits, then your golden. If you take off the fitting on the calliper then you shouldn't have to worry about the hoses. Your best bet is to head down to your local napa and pick up the napa extended hoses cost me about 30 bucks, then you dont have to worry about stetched lines. :waytogo: