Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Kit Question 1/2 ton - 1 ton

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, May 26, 2006.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Im looking into putting a lift kit on my 73 blazer problem is im converting it to a one ton, so when i order the kit do I order it for a chevy 1 ton truck?

Also which company to go with and how much lift ( i was thinking 8 in and i want some decent flex), im primarily going to be using it for towing and occasional offroading no mud yuck.

which years did they have the k-30?

would the rear spring swap be better than a lift?

sorry for so many questions I have been out of the loop for a while focusing on the bike riding season and looking to mod my bike a little more

Last edited: May 26, 2006
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

front springs all the same basic specs. but dana 60 adds 1 " extra over all. and best measure rears but if 1/2 ton stock beet 52" rears stock just grab what lift you want in the rear to add the lift. i would recomend the flip kit in the rear . rides much much better and gives 4" lift.

i had a 83 1/2 ton with dana 60 front and 3/4 ton 14ff rear. cleared 38x12.50 tsl tires with 3" body and some trim at corners and 6" skyjackers front and 4" ord flip rear with 1" block to level out. 3/4 rear was for bolt in easy over 1 ton with moving perces and shock mounts.

76ish and up for k30s. and first few years had necked down shafts in the 60 fronts not as strong. but easy swap to others . dont forget the spring plates as thay are diffrent from 1/2 -3/4 tons.

3. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

A while ago i converted my old truck to a 14ff I had the larger u bolts and a conversion u joint im guessing that it was out of a 3/4 ton since the perches didnt need moved.

the dana 60's chevy made only came in the k30's i think which are one ton trucks.

you are saying that the the front for the dana 60 is about one inch longer than the 3/4 ton?

4. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The 60s aren't longer, the center housing is bigger tha a ten bolt or 44, so it will give you more lift. But now that I think about it, the frames are different on a 1 ton, and that might be where the extra lift comes from. AFA lift kit go, the only major difference is in the steering. 60s use a block to raise the arm, whereas 10b and 44s use a raised arm. And yes, only K30s 1 tons had the 60 up front.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

yes both things are correct on the 60. i swaped in a 60 to a 1/2 ton truck got 1" more. but the true 1 ton frame is taller in the cab back section.

if you need more than 4" of correction for lift with a 60 go crossover. and dont run the spacer block it sucks. use a droped steering box arm. there is a few for sale now in the parts section.