Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Kit Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84mudmachine, Mar 18, 2004.

1. 84mudmachine

84mudmachine 1/2 ton status

I have been looking a some lift kits, and noticed that a lot of them use blocks on the rear end. Why can't blocks be used on the front instead of springs? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

They aren't safe up front. It is possible for them to pop out. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Besides, new front springs should improve your ride. Always have for me.

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

you honestly dont know or you disagree that its unsafe? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its because you have a better chance of spitting them out on a steer axle. No one in their right mind would reccomend it. Your life is too important, and I am sure everone would agree with me /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. bnc04

bnc04 Guest

I'm no expert but I would think that the lateral pressure that the front end receives when turning etc would cause the block to pop out and or the spring to flop off the side.
    The front end receives more directional force on its components than the rear which kinda follows the front along it's merry way /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Dangerous says it all /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Personally I think blocks blow goat balls. They are unsafe for the front, so unsafe that some in states they are illeagle. I don't even like them on the rear. I would much reather use a Shackle flip like ORD's or springs, or even a combo of the two. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

They will spit out at some point if installed in the front, this is obviously not a good thing, especially at higher speeds. They're not that great in the rear either since they promote wheel hop(which isn't a good thing /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif).

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

You know it's bad if no one here is arguing about whether it is good or not /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Blocks? Blocks? Did someone say they wanted to use blocks? This isnt legos. If your going to do a lift of any kind, do it right the first time and go with either a full spring lift, or a shackle flip or something along those lines. You will be much happier with the flex and ride.
    -Harrison