Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift kit Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by drumz1629, Aug 19, 2004.

1. drumz1629

drumz1629 Registered Member

I am the owner of a 84 K5 with a 6.2L diesel which i have added a ATS Turbo charger and upgraded 700R4. it is currently sitting on stock springs. i have built custom bumpers which arent very light and plan to add a winch. i noticed the front springs are 1.5" from the bump stops and show where they are contacting the springs. i am currently running 33X12.50 tires on stock wheels with limited rubbing on the right front. i was planing a set of Tuff country 4" HD springs (the only hd springs i have found) up front and ORD shackle flip in the rear. but i noticed my right rear is sagging also. so i assume i should replace all of the springs. i do plan to move up to a 35" tire for my next set of tires. i was also concidering a 6" lift instead of the 4". this is my daily driver. i was wondering if the larger lift would cause any more drivability/reliability issues or drive line angle problems than the 4". i am open to any suggestions or comments.
    travis

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I would do the 4". On a K5, 6" opens a can of worms that you really dont want to open for a daily driver.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I am the owner of a 84 K5 with a 6.2L diesel which i have added a ATS Turbo charger and upgraded 700R4. it is currently sitting on stock springs. i have built custom bumpers which arent very light and plan to add a winch. i noticed the front springs are 1.5" from the bump stops and show where they are contacting the springs. i am currently running 33X12.50 tires on stock wheels with limited rubbing on the right front. i was planing a set of Tuff country 4" HD springs (the only hd springs i have found) up front and ORD shackle flip in the rear. but i noticed my right rear is sagging also. so i assume i should replace all of the springs. i do plan to move up to a 35" tire for my next set of tires. i was also concidering a 6" lift instead of the 4". this is my daily driver. i was wondering if the larger lift would cause any more drivability/reliability issues or drive line angle problems than the 4". i am open to any suggestions or comments.
    travis

[/ QUOTE ] I've ran a (6" lift) on my daily driver for a while now. (Well, it mostly sits in the driveway, but don't tell anyone) I recomend 6" springs + ORD's heavy duty extended shackles up front, and ORD's 4" shackle flip + 3" TC springs in the rear. Great set up in my honest opinion.