Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Kit question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tkjimmy, Sep 25, 2000.

1. tkjimmy

tkjimmy Registered Member

Hey guys. I am fairly new here, but have had my 1989 Full size jimmy since it was new. Just put on all new Rancho 9000 shocks this weekend, and the wife (God bless her) has agreed to let me get a lift for it. I can only go about 2.5 inches though, due to the height of my garage doors. I have to park inside due to the very cold winters here. Anyone have a good reference for me on what to look for in a lift, and who makes the best one? Any help would be sweet. Thanks.

tkjimmy--Wa. State
    tkjimmy.coloradok5.com

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have used Superlift for many years and have been extremely happy! I would look into their Superride springs if I were you!

Also I hear BDS makes a good springs also..

BTW have you checked into those new shocks you bought and found out if they will work with a 2.5" lift???? THat will be sad if you have to buy new shocks!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. tkjimmy

Thanks for the info, and yes I had a friend that made that mistake with his new shocks so I learned from him. I told the guys at Central 4WD that I was looking at a 2.5 inch lift soon, and I wanted the correct RS9000's so I would not have to change them out. Thanks for checking though. Have a great day. Oh yeah, how do I get rid of the (stranger) underneath my name?

tkjimmy--Wa. State
    tkjimmy.coloradok5.com

4. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Time, my son, time. The more you hang out here the higher your rank gets. And believe me, you'll spend a good amount of time checking out the site. I know there's a lot of us that are hooked on this forum. I think heroin is easier to kick.[​IMG]

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

5. big76

big76 Registered Member

I was wondering the same thing (stranger) now I know...
    There's lots of knowledge floating around this site. I'll be here alot!

6. tkjimmy

Thanks talldog. I spend way too much time here already. I am a freakin addict. Talk to you guys later.

tkjimmy--Wa. State
    tkjimmy.coloradok5.com

7. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

To get rid of that stranger thing you have too go outside during a full moon at midnight with nothing on EXPECT a very well placed chevy bowtie[​IMG]and the timing chain from a 350 engine around your neck,take the front bumper off your blazer(the bigger and heavier the bumper is the better)point it at the north star and chant MAY THE K5 GODS GRANT ME THE TITLE OF(insert wanted title here)5 times or until your title changes the gods sometimes take a while to deside if you are worthy,but you'll know when you're worthy[​IMG]

Sidenote this post is just for fun and you should know that I am compleately nuts and should not be trusted[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. bushwacker

bushwacker Registered Member

I'm taking the bumper off my truck right now and point it at the appropriate star , so I can start my chant!!

9. tkjimmy

Hell, and I am thinking that if I get my wife to take the bumper off of her Suburban and do this with me, I will have veteran status real soon on this board. The neighbors might think we are weird (standing out front naked with bumpers and all). Oh well, K5's are worth it. Oh yeah, the guy with this suggestion is the guy who makes the animated gifs too. Maybe you could make an animated gif of this ritual. Talk to you later.

tkjimmy--Wa. State
    http://tkjimmy.coloradok5.com

10. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

Well I'm not the guy who makes the GIF's but talk to Chevy4x4 and he might be able too make something up for you.As for your neighbors who give a something about what they think my neighbors think I'm nuts but I think there're communists so I guess we're even[​IMG]NOW GO OUT THERE AND MAKE THE K5 GODS PROUD!!!!![​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I think heroin would be easier to kick[​IMG] I've only been on this site since July 23 2000 and I'm officially an "addict" [​IMG]

Damn, I spend way too much time here! [​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

12. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

That's tooooo funny, I didn't even notice that there is an ADDICT status. What's after that "Veteran Junkie"?[​IMG]

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!