Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift kit question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Me89'Jimmy, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I bought a quote unquote 4 inch suspension lift about a week ago, its from a 74 k5, the guy put it on his 77 k10, his wife didnt like it so he sold it to me for 100 dollars. First of all will it fit my truck (89 Jimmy) and second 4 inch blocks are supposed to be 4 inches from top to bottom right

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

4" blocks not nessecarily. Should be 4" at some point, depends how they are tapered. How big are they?

3. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

i got "4 inch" springs for the front and "4 inch" blocks for the rear. I measured from the top of the high end to the bottom (on the blocks) and it was only 2 and a half inches /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

that would sound like a 2" lift.

5. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

If you're set on 4", compare your springs arch to some you KNOW are 4. Maybe an off-road or tire shop would have some in stock you could compare. You got a good enough deal (assuming it includes everything), I would just install it all and see how it looks and rides for a while. You could always sell it again for a $100 bucks. Measure your height gain after install and let us know. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

comparing springs may not help that much, spring rates play a good part inthe lift, could be less arch but higher spring rate and that would give same height. It is a good idea though.