Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift kit questions...what the hell do I do?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82Jimmy, Jul 5, 2000.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I am going to get a huge ass lift...whatever will max out my 54" texas law...what the hell does a lift do to the driveshaft and stuff? What else would I have to buy? i thought I knew what the hell was going on, until I read a bunch of posts about lift kits...

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

2. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

well longer brake lines, raised steering arm, drop down pitman or draglink, drop the transfer case or shim the axle's, bigger axle's depending on tire size. all sorts of crap!!!!!

Doug Krebs

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Basicly the bigger the lift the farther away your diff gets from the tranny. Depending on how much lift, you could need a longer driveshaft. You also have to take the pinion angle into consideration. The u-joints will only take so much angle. This can be done with "tapered" spacers or in extreme cases, rewelded spring pads. I'm sure there are lots of guys here with more experience than me that can help with specifics.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm