Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Kit, Where and what to get?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by taterblazer, Feb 8, 2001.

1. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Where is the best place to get a suspension lift? I'll probably mail order it. Also, any ideas how to find 3/4 ton axles cheap? Thanks!

2. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

check out this place <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.offroaddesign.com/>http://www.offroaddesign.com/</A>
    Stephen will take good care of all your 4x4 needs.

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] Born to Drive My K5 [​IMG]

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I have used superlift, rancho, trailmaster, and skyjacker.

By far the skyjacker has been the best in all catagories of:
    ride, feel, and quality of construction. the instructions were good too. I use rancho 9000s for shocks.
    As a bonus, the skyjacker is guaranteed to never sag for as long as you own the truck.

John

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Here are a few places that are good to deal with:

Off Road Design
    National Tire and Wheel
    Desert Rat
    Tyres International

I really like my Superlift Superride stuf, but that is my opinion.

HTH

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I've been looking real hard at the Superlift superrides... Also have looked at the Skyjacker, but heard they ride like a box of rocks... not sure if I want it much worse then it is now. But you say the skyjacker is the best? Rides good on the street and trails? Also Emmitt you have any problems w/ the rear sagging w/ your superlift?

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

6. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

In my opinion Superlift superride is the way to go. I have friends that run skyjacker and pro-comp straight axle lifts that dont compare to my ride. Not rigid at all, very smooth. With my superlift, the rear rides about 1-2 inches lower than the front but that is nothing an add a leaf cant take care of. If you are going big just do your lift, then do the shackle reversal in the rear and some longer front shackles. That should even everything out.

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

what's the deal with the Superlifts riding low in the back? Do you have rear springs or blocks? I suppose running a 4" shackle flip w/ 2" springs would be the way to go, don't really want to go add-a-leaf because I don't want the extra harsh ride.

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

8. My buddy installed a 4 inch rough country with front and rear springs. It sets about an inch higher in the rear- which i personally like. It articulates great and rides nice too. Plus it was only $500 bucks with shocks! Only time will tell how long it will take to sag.

9. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

<font color=green> check out the spring rate table under the technical section at the CoK5.com home page. It says Rough Country has a high spring rate which means it is stiffer and wont sag. I am going to order the 4" system they have for $295.
    00 right now. The higher the lbs/in number, the stronger the springs, but it wont have the flex of a system with a lower lbs/in system.
    just my .02

<font color=orange> if you cant beat 'em, drive over 'em </font color=orange>
    [​IMG]