Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift kit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by carolina k-5, Jan 27, 2005.

1. carolina k-5

carolina k-5 Registered Member

i have a 77 k-5 that i have been rebuilding. i bought it for 400 bucks out of a backyard. i have replaced everything top to bottom, front to back, except body and suspension. i want a 4" or 6" lift kit. i was thinking of going with the pro-comp kit and rear springs from 4 wheel parts, but ive been hearing good things about tuff country. anyone got an opinion on this matter? if so where can i get a good deal?

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Tuff Country and BDS are both good. I would drive a Volvo before I would buy anything from 4wheelparts to lift a truck.

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Get a 4" lift. Shackle flip in rear and TC EZ rides in the front. (Just my opinion) If you get a membership you could get a discount from Tim (84 Chevy K10) I believe or free shipping. Hopefully he reads this and sends you a PM. If not, try to avoid taking suggestions from the guys at 4 wheel parts. They usually have No idea as to what would be the best for Real wheeling! Poser rigs, sure, but not trail rigs. That is if that's what you are going for. What is your goal fro this truck?

Also check out ORD web site

http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/catalog.htm

4. carolina k-5

i mostly use my truck for hunting and agriculture. but thinking about entering some mud drags. on the subject of 4 wheel parts guys , i used them to get my batteries. needless to say i was less than pleased with their service and pompous attitude.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I would go with an all spring lift for your purposes. Unless huge articulation is a concern...

6. carolina k-5

cool, preciate the advise.

7. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I would recommend an all spring lift if your doing mud bogging and just some hunting. If your into rock crawling or want a nice cadilac ride, then go with a shackle flip in the rear. I highly, highly recommend bds springs. They ride nice for lift springs and flex good too. I got 4" BDS springs for $98 a spring pack last year. Call up tarheel four wheel drive center in Charlotte. Thats where I got mine. They had good prices. Oh, and BDS springs come with a no questions asked, no fine print, lifetime guarantee. Cant beat that.
    -Harrison