Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift kits?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by freeforever, Mar 6, 2001.

1. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

Any one have any sugestions on a suspention lift? oh say a 4" thats decently priced and what ill need?
    thanks.

2. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

<font color=green> Here comes my .02 again freeforever. The kit i ordered was a Rough Country 4" lift, and it comes with shocks, brake line drop brackets(which you probably want to get longer lines), steering arm, and rear blocks for $295.00
    the kit with rear springs is 459.00 i think. Also i have heard only good things about Rough Country, so for the money this is a deal. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.roughcountry.com>http://www.roughcountry.com</A>

"You call it a Honda, I call it an articulation ramp"

<font color=green> I love cowboy hats
    [​IMG]

3. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

You could also use the 4" shackle flip kit that Stephen offers at ORD. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.offroaddesign.com/>http://www.offroaddesign.com/</A>
    Then you could run the 4" TC front ez ride springs that he sells also. Put some greasable bushings in all the spring eyes and get a 4" steering arm and longer brake lines and you will be set. When you deal with Stephen at ORD you will always get great products. At least thats my opinion, any others?

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] Born to Drive My K5 [​IMG]

4. rich

rich 1/2 ton status

I have the exact setup that CaliforniaK5 described, and it is great!

ORD is fantastic to deal with!!!

Richard
    Raleigh, NC
    '90 K-5 Blazer - stock, daily driver
    '76 K-5 Blazer - 14-bolt FF, 4.10's, locked front and rear, 36's, SM465/NP205

5. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    From what I have been hearing the 4" rear shackel lift, maybe 3", or 2.5", allot may depend on your rear springs !
    Also what are you going to do to the pinion angle, this may also be another veryable !
    Good luck

6. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Re: Lift kits? *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by californiak5

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

since you are going a CV in the rear, are you going to drop the t-case? I have heard this hurts the front shaft's angle. I plan on going a CV in the rear as well just to avoid hassles. Thanks

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

8. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    "So if you use 4"
    front springs and the shackle flip you may need anywhere from 1" to 2" more in the rear to level the truck out."

Haw, 4" springs in the front and 4" shackle flip in the rear, where is the true 4" shackle flip.

9. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

This is a no brainer question, If you put on a 4" flip kit and 4" front lift springs your rigs going to sit just like it did before just 4" taller. So if the rear was lower before then its still going to be lower with the lift, the shackle flip moves the spring eye center down 8" from where it was which gives you 4" of lift because you only moved one end of the spring pack so you get half! So you need to look at the truck before you take it apart and go from there, if the truck sits 1" lower in the back go with 3" front springs and 4" shackle flip or 4" front springs/ flip kit/ 1" 0 rate. I think that all new springs do sit alittle higher when new but settle in probably would guess 1/2".
    RGF

10. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

They guys above have the right idea, 4" EZrides in the front, flip in the rear. Adjust one end or the other to level it out.
    Thanks

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD