Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift kits

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nbmiller, Jun 27, 2001.

1. nbmiller

nbmiller Newbie

I want to lift my k5. What is the best lift to get. I will be getting a 4" lift and want good on road performance that can take abuse. I've heard a lot about ones being made in Mexico and poor quality steel and would like to avoid the shitty ones. Thanks.

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

3. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

Yeah, rough country, I wish I went with that instead of 4wpw geuine lift.

"I am Democrat. Not a baby-saving, tree chopping, public land giving, hypocrite wuss republican!"

4. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Funny thing.. I priced the same kit through 4WPW.. and they were going to charge me 750.00 out the door.. and that didn't include installation..
    I ordered it direct from Rough Country.. and it cost my $550.00 to my door.. that included shipping.

A well armed society is a polite society. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com>http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com</A>

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Alot have also had good results with BDS. Shawn on www.off-road.com/chevy has a write up on it under "Project Potent Rodent".
    I think 'solowookie' has the BDS and really like it and so does 'Captcrunch'. I'm sure both of them will have some answers when they see this post. They all have the 6" and were happy, so I'm sure that the 4" willbe just as good if not better for ride. BDS has a no B.S. warranty thats nice too. I will be going with BDS whenever I get all my stuff together and the $$ together. I just keep finding other things that I want to do at the same time as the lift!
    If you havent notice yet it's a never ending addiction! It will NEVER be done!
    Oh and welcome to the board!! You will most likely find yourself spending LOTS of time on here!
    s
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by 90blzr on 06/27/01 01:37 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status