Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift kits

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblueblazer, Oct 1, 2001.

1. bigblueblazer

bigblueblazer Registered Member

ok i am looking to put a 4" lift who makes the best one for the money and where is a good place to order from ?

if it dont smoke,guzzle gas or cost lots to fix it aint my chevy blazer.

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Hey Tim! Have you priced thru the shop that gives deals to the Suncoast guys yet? Mail order seems to give the best prices, but I dont know how much shipping would be. The guy up the road from me whose white Blazer you seen, got everything except his tires mail order.

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]

3. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Spend the cash for a Skyjacker kit. It is worth it. Mine has been absolutely great, it rides better than the old worn out stock suspension, and handles better too, even though I removed the sway bar.

I large portion of this is the shocks, but if the springs weren't worth their salt, I don't think the shocks would make so much difference. [​IMG]

Still Poundin' "pavment" after all these years!!! [​IMG]

4. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

For the cheapest, best lift go with rough country. I like mine but it's hard on the back in town. Works great when your pounding down into a ditch! Thinking that I might just disconnect the sway bar up front to get some extra spring!

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

What are your plans for the truck? Trail only or daily driver as well? You want flex for rocks and trails or stiffer for mud? I personally Like Skyjacker softyrides for semi-stiff... and BDS for semi-flexy... neither is the stiffest or fllexyest. Also Superlift superrides are nice. I have BDS right now and love them to death... excellent... they might sag a tich compared to the super stiff ones, but way better then other soft springs IMO.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>