Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Kits!?!?!?!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazin73, Jun 19, 2000.

1. blazin73

blazin73 Registered Member

I am looking for a 6" lift for my '73 Blazer, and am sorta stuck on which brand I should go with, all opinions arew greatly appreciated, thanks! I'm sorta looking towards Superlift or Tough Country. Thanks!

:PWas that a rock or a Jeep!?B)

2. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

www.skyjacker.com I'm running the 6inch lift from them. The tech's are great and willing to help you all they can.
    Slodawg

[​IMG]

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I put 2.5 inch Superlift springs on the front of my Blazer. I had problems with them and their tech support SUCKED bad. Bunch of 'tards. I should've gone with Skyjacker, BUT the Superlift springs do ride pretty smooth.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. Mikee

Mikee 1/2 ton status

I had a 6" Tough Country EZ reide system, complete in my '90, nice ride and good price about $750 with everything. I was going to buy another one for my '77, but I came across a brand new complete Skjacker softride still in the box for $600 bucks, good deal (abou $1100 new!). The skyjacker has a firmer less bouncy ride, however, I do a lot of rock crawling & wheeling, and I found that the Tough country gave me much more articulation. However again, in mud and snow the tough country gave me a lot more wheel hop. All depends on what your looking for, stay away from Superlift and Procomp, the Skyjacker Softride has the best ride, I had all springs, no blocks with both.

"Got stuck once, hung up on top of a Jeep!"