Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LIFT KITS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, I know I want to run 35's on my 76 Blazer. I also know I'll need a 6" lift. Should it be a 6" supension lift, or a 4" supension and 2" body lift ??? Does either effect the way it handles ??? I don't plan on much rock crawling. I'm more into mudding. I also want to do some exploring on some old trails. Want to go check out some old goast towns by the old gold mines up inn the Black Hills.

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

You should be able to fit 35''s with 4'' of lift if you don't plan on doing much crawlin. If later on you decide that they are a little tight in the wheel wells you could always trim the fenders or add a 2'' or even a 3'' body lift. Go with the 4'' now and see how it works for you, it may be all you need.

3. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

my 35x12.50's rub with the 4" lift. I will be getting a 6" suspension lift all the way around. no blocks, better articulation, which is better even if you don't hit the rocks.