Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift laws in florida

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chvyblzr1977, Sep 4, 2001.

1. chvyblzr1977

chvyblzr1977 Registered Member

Im considering moving back down to florida i have a 77 blazer 8 inch lift and 35 inch tires what is there lift law down there anyone know

2. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

No lift over 7" and no tires over 34".
    Guess you'll have to stay out.

Lift It, Lock It, LIVE IT!!!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by RedDwarf on 09/04/01 10:30 AM.</FONT></P>

3. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What is the law and what is on the streets is 2 different things. People around here, Pensacola, run 12" lifts with 44" all the time. There is a sanctioned mud bog race pit here and 90% of the contestants drive their rigs to and from. It may be the law, but I'd guess that they don't usually enforce it in the more rural areas

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Measure your lift and make sure it's an 8" and that it hasn't sank to the seven........

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I agree. Last weekend a couple of clubs got together for a Labor day weekend trail ride in an area we have been going to for years. On Saturday we headed out and when going through the small town nearby a cop was flagging over lifted trucks. Two of my friends got illegal bumper height tickets on trucks they have been driving for 3 years with the same lift and tire size, and had never been pulled over before. This cop also flagged down three or four other trucks that weren't with our group during this time. He wouldn't even let them drive them back to the campgrounds so they had to go back and borrow trailers to haul them. The bad thing is that my friends trucks really are not that big (36" tires and about 6" lift) compared to what you see around here on a regular basis. We talked to some locals and they said this guy was new to the force and had been writing people up for all types of nit-picky violations since he came to the area.

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

They used to bust us ALL the time for a while but they have pretty much let it go now. The town south of me, they bust all the big trucks still so I and everyone I know, just stay outta there.

Like Rob said whats the law and whats on the road is 2 different things.

What part of Fla are you considering moving to??

I get all the excercise I need pushing my luck![​IMG]

7. chvyblzr1977

chvyblzr1977 Registered Member

Im considering on moving by orlando the melbourne,rockledge,cocoa,cocoa beach area.

8. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Cool deal! I live near Tampa. It'll good to have some more K5er's in the area.

I get all the excercise I need pushing my luck![​IMG]