Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift laws in my state (maine)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_truxx, Apr 29, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Inspired by the how not to get pulled over question from another post :D

I googled maine lift laws and found a couple little pieces of info. Probably not the whole laws on lifts but who knows.

Maine

Headlights: Don't even think about going higher than 54 inches. However, keep in mind that the original suspension cannot be "disconnected", but don't let that stop you from bolting on heavy-duty shocks and overload springs. Other need-to-knows: Don't remove or disconnect the ABS, and the tires can be only two sizes larger than the manufacturer's recommendation. Spring-shackle extensions are also a no-no.

Also shackle lifts are illegal as well as rear blocks. <4500 lbs GVWR front frame no higher than 24" and rear no higher than 26" 4501-7500 GVWR front 27" and rear 29"

:( not much to work with there... :dunno:

2. loafer

loafer 1/2 ton status

What really stinks about the current Maine lift laws is that you can NOT change the tire size of any abs equipped vehicle. This law has been in affect for years, but the State Police have just recently (last couple of years) started enforcing it. There is a pretty big effort under weigh right now to try and get the law chaged...we'll see what happens.

I guess this another good reason to drive old junk here in Maine :grin:

3. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Source: http://www.therangerstation.com/resources/LiftLaws.html

Montana's is great, and I especially love Wyoming's :D

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

is it just me or are a lot of newwer trucks ilegal from the factory with the blocks in them.

and i am a ny state inspector. and the lift law stuff isnt told to use and we just check the safty and emissions stuff. and make sure it is safe to be on the roads.

and wow some of the stuff i see is vary vary bad!!!!!