Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift laws link, LOOK AT COLORADO

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wayne, Dec 15, 2001.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the link wrath. The laws for Colorado are very interesting.Project Mighty Mouse here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Haha pretty funny considering we can run just about anything we want here.

Steve

Director of Global Expansion

3. wrath

wrath 1/2 ton status

OK you guys ..yer all breakin the law..so do away with the lifts and tires and send them to my address..and I wont tell noone..lol

70K5 350ci.350/205 "PROJECT 40"BOGGERS" It runs and its clean !!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OurMudToys/the70k5blazer.msnw>http://communities.msn.com/OurMudToys/the70k5blazer.msnw</a>

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I thought you would get a kick out of it. Now start tearing those trucks apart.[​IMG]

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

that's a cool link, however I'd be suprised if most were correct, it says under VT, that n/a for bumper height- its wrong, I don't have the paperwork here in front of me, but there is a limit, I posted it a while ago- be careful if you go by this, I'm sure they wont be standing next to you when you explian to the judge where you got your info!

LOL
    Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

6. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Hummm, Thanks for the info. Wayne
    Now ask me if I care. Glad they don't mess with us.
    I've pulled right up behind a cop and I think all he could see was my plate &amp; bumper...hehe
    I think half of the laws out there are just to give them a legal way to pull you over. Back in Detroit in the old days, they use to pull my 70 SS Chevelle over to check my horn!
    Some of them need to get a life....

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"8" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

7. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Yeah, thats pretty much blatently wrong as far as CO. I think there is a new law about bumper/frame height, though. Or maybe it was just pending legislation?

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

8. kchecca

kchecca Registered Member

Yeah, I'm guessing 50% are incorrect or outdated. I know for a fact that Mass is wrong. We have some nice formula based on track and wheelbase that tells us what we can do.

Of course, half the inspection stations around here dont understand it anyways. They base their rejections on 'gut feel' indicators that have no real bearing. It's frustrating, especially when I took steps to be completely within the law, and I still get rejected!

--------------------------
    Keith C
    Bigbird '00 Jeep TJ
    Grandpa's '77 Blazer

9. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

The funny thing about MD is that the only law is the from the frame to the ground is 28 inch max. However, they wont pass you for inspection if you have any supension lift, or alteration, or if your tire size exceeds 1 size above that from which it came factory, or if you have a body lift that is greater than 2 inches... What a buch of crap... However, in MD you only have to inspect when the vehicle is bought. So, I bought a stock Blazer, and put on a 4 inch lift, and 33s. this is legal becuase my frame hieght is below 28 inches. However, I cant sell it in MD now, becuase it wont pass inspection for however is buying it. So, I would have to sell in VA, WV, or PA. What a contradiction... Oh, who wants to sell anyway...
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

10. CarolinaBogger

CarolinaBogger Registered Member

I know all states are different, but how would you go about finding the TRUE lift laws for your state without going down to the courthouse? I know Peterson's published a list a while back but I don't think i have it anymore.

<font color=green>"I'm old enough to know better, but I'm still to young to care!"</font color=green>

11. 91gmcjimmyCH_IL

91gmcjimmyCH_IL 1/2 ton status

Has anybody gotten messed with for lifts. Pulled over impuonded Ect...

12. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Not yet and I have passed many cops and yesterday I had one behind me and was waiting to see the red and blues but he never did. I have seen trucks alot higher then me so I think I am ok. BTW the Pa laws are pretty accurate.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.

13. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Keep in mind that lift laws for trucks are different then those of cars. Cars will be lower. Blazers are considered Station Wagons!! [​IMG] Some are some arent. Look at your own registration. My 86 Blazer is a wagon. My buddies 90 is something else. (maybe SUV) I had a cop that was kind enuff to point this out as he was writing me a warning on my Cherokee. He would have ticketed me if he had not seen I had drop bumpers that were an extra inch low to attempt comply w/ the lift laws. Little did I know it was considered a car. A sharp cop will catch this.

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
    PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>

14. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I went down to the local cop shop- and asked to see there inspection book- its in there, thats where I got mine, they were even nice enough to photocopy the pages pertinent to my truck-
    --Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

15. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Well, if you're gonna pull things apart, I got first dibs on the axles and tires!!!! hehe

Red 1989 GMC Suburban SLE V1500 - TBI 350, 700R4 w/ shift kit, Quad-shock front, 31/10.50/15 Pro Comp MT, 4.10 gears, Duals off cat