Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift laws, where to find them?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Feb 12, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Where can I find lift laws for individual states? I would like to find every states' and compare them. I know you can search on google for lift laws and it gives you this one site that compiled some but I would prefer to make sure I have th emost up to date ones from the state preferably. Don't need to get pulled over cause some website some guy put together to be helpful was wrong.

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

i know www.customtruckshowcase.com has one, but im not sure of the last time it was updated. Alotta the laws sound goofy on it, but thats about how most laws are. Best bet would be called the DOT or DMV in your state to be really sure.

3. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

a couple mounths back some one posted about a site that was pretty good. I dont remember who but try a search and see what you get(the truth is out there)

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

customtruckshowcase.com was the site I was reffering to in my post. It looks pretty good but I am not sure as of the last time it was updated.

5. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

One thing to consider is that your Blazer may be considered a station wagon, which would make it a CAR not a TRUCK. I got popped on that technicality a few yrs ago. Cars have different height limits in some states. I even had my bumpers 1in lower than the law called for, just to be safe. It was a sharp officer that caught it on my registration. Now, I dont even worry about it. Lift laws are rarely enforced in my area, and its normally only 1 cop that messes w/ it occasionally. Everyone I know that has gotten busted for it was all by the same guy that got me.