Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift mods

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Apr 21, 2001.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Need ideas (and/or URLs to old posts discussing this) of what kind of mods: driveshafts,steering, etc, to make 4" or even 6" spring lifts work on our Blazers.
    I have 3 leaves up front, and 4 in the rear right now, front right pack has a cracked one.

Will be getting new lift springs as soon as I can..
    I need to collect info, and decide how much trouble I want to go through, and go with as much lift as I can.

Thanks for anything.,
    So far have removed fuel tank to have flushed, has a hole, and straps are rotted, and sending unit, and all lines and hoese are junk.
    All 12 body mount bolts are removed as of yesterday, waiting for new bushings, gonna lift body 1" higher with big washers.
    Axles are cleaned and refilled.
    Front driveshaft is ready to install, if its correct length.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://content.communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=view_photo&ID_Community=RandyR72K5&ID_Topic=1&ID_Message=174>http://content.communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=view_photo&ID_Community=RandyR72K5&ID_Topic=1&ID_Message=174</A>

'72 K-5 4x4, CST, 3.07, 4 speed, NP 205, 31' x 10.5", Olive green and primer, rusted out, rice smasher!

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I would not use washers to lift the body because they are not stable. They do not interlock and can cause a great deal of shear stress on those little body mount bolts (which are not only little, but weak).

4. travis

travis 1/2 ton status

Offraod Design that Triaged mentioned also sells a 1" body lift to do it the correct way. I agree with Steve about the washers. You are only asking for trouble. Spend the money and do it right.

Travis

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Hmmm, if I can sleeve/tube down the center of the washers with pipe or conduit or something, hmm
    I could use big nuts instead of washers, too, hmm
    Need to think about it..

'72 K-5 4x4, CST, 3.07, 4 speed, NP 205, 31' x 10.5", Olive green and primer, rusted out, rice smasher!

6. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

You're scaring me... The bolts still won't hold up if you use big nuts. Please use a correct body lift kit or just get it all through suspension lift.

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Not sure yet, I'll see as I go, first gotta friggin' find rubber mounts....
    At least Im not planning on using wood blocks like others do aorund here.

8. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Try Oak. ........................ [​IMG].................[​IMG]........[​IMG]

[​IMG] <font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green> [​IMG]

9. travis

travis 1/2 ton status

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.lmctruck.com>http://www.lmctruck.com</A> part # 30-0117. $149.95. Original rubber body mounts including radiator core mounts. Going by the picture it includes all hardware (nuts, bolts, etc.). But then again it sounds like you are planning on using your own backwoods version of nuts and bolts. Post some pics when you get done. I'm curious to see how it turns out. LMC's phone # is 1-800-222-5664 if you'd rather call to request a catalog.