Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift needed for bigger tires??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by darkshadow, Dec 14, 2003.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

I just got my first k5 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif down sized for a burb /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif the truck had some work done to it,( gunna try to get some pics soon and post them) a 4" suspention lift and 33x11.50, with plenty of room for more, i want to know if it would be enuff room for 36x12.50, as i have seen the x-hummer tires for $100 bucks each /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I really don't want to trimm the panels as it has a new body, witch is rust free and rare in canada. so if its not enuff how much would i need?

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

yes you can run the 36s with 4", they might rub at FULL flex, but a 1" body lift and a set of 1" zero rates would help to remedy that..

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Yes they can fit and yes they can rub. They should only rub at full flex. If you keep your sway bar on it will keep the rubbing to a minimum.

4. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Okay I am going to shed some light here, I am running those tires with a 4" Procomp lift for the moment, going to BDS 4" springs in a week and zero-rates. First off, if your /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif is a DD, then I recommend looking into a different tire. These tires are some road-walking, death wobbling, flat spotting beasts. I hate mine and as soon as I get some money put back mine are going up for sale. I went form 33" radials to bias ply hummer tires and had no problem with the radials, now I have death-wobble and my rig walks all over the road with new front end parts. The other problem with these tires is they are really bad about coming off the wheel at low PSI, hell I had one pop off the wheel sitting still when I was airing it down so my engine hoist would clear. On the subject of rubbing, mine only rub at full flex, well at least as much flex as you can get out of a Procomp spring, with the tires turned hard they will rub the inner fender a little. I am not running a sway bar either.

Just my 2*

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like a 6" lift myself. I run Superlift Superrides up front, and a ORD 4" shackle flip with Tuff Country 3" springs in the rear. Just need to get around to the axle swap so I can put on my 36" Ground Hawg radials.

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

hey all the cents you want to throw i love to have. it great to talk trucks i cant get enuff and with pure chevy guys its even beter /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    These tires are some road-walking, death wobbling, flat spotting beasts.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasnt aware that tires created the phenomenon known as "death wobble".

in any case, old hummerz r bias, so flat spotting is the norm. other probs could prolly be solved with proper balancing and maybe a run through the machine that shaves tires to make them true.

j

8. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

35's with 4" Superlift. They rubbed pretty bad if I hit bumps while turning I trimmed the fender's a bit, but they still rub the inner fender at full flex

[​IMG]