Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Opinions Please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tcoker79, May 1, 2007.

1. tcoker79

tcoker79 Registered Member

I'm about ready to purchase some sort of lift for my 78 Blazer. I know I want 6 inch lift but don't want to fill like I'm riding in a wagon. I'm leaning towards the Procomp lift with 6" springs front and rear. My question is, would this be the better choice or a shackle flip in the rear with the stock springs. Cost seems to be about the same but seems to me more work for the shackle flip. I'm just a guy who plays in the mud no rock crawling here so flex not a real concern. Let me know what you guys think.

2. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Shackle flip = softer ride than lift spring
    But there is only up to a 4" shackle flip, so you'll need new springs too. Or you could do 4" front spring (which are softer than 6", BTW Tuff Country's fronts have the lowest spring rate so they feel softer than pro comps) a 4" rear shackle flip, a one inch body lift (good time to replace your body mounts, too), and one inch zero rate= 6"total. Do a little searching and you'll find more info than you ever wanted to know about all these components. Or just ask, you ponied up the membership fee, so I don't mind sharing anything I have learned.