Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift or not lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblueblazer, Jun 19, 2001.

1. bigblueblazer

bigblueblazer Registered Member

which is better to raise suspension or body and how high can i raise and still be safe

if it dont smoke,suckup gas or cost lots to fix it aint a chevy.

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Suspension lift are more expensive, but are better. The safety really depends on your driving style.....But generally, the higher you go, the wider the tires are, so they sort of cancel out, but lots of things to work out with lifts more than 4" or so.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

3. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

90K5 is right. The higher you go, usually the wider the tire is you're putting on the truck and depends on how you drive. You'll probably get a few replies saying body lifts are not great, but a few will say they are. One person is Wes(thatK30guy), and he'll tell you that he loves body lifts! hahaha Hope he posts on here! Now, suspension lifts are the best. You can go higher and the only thing you tend to have to worry about are the driveline angles. As for the body lift, what can I say, you're pulling the body off the frame. I'm going to probably end up putting my 3" body lift on mine.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

4. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

I have both a 4"suspention lift and a 2" body lift. I seem to wheel it pretty hard and have had no problems with the body lift.

"Jeep Thing,? Ya i ran over one!"