Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift pump??

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by smprider112, Aug 24, 2004.

1. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

Ok so after today of cranking on my engine and almost frying my starter motor (smoke isnt a good sign right /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif) from another air locked morning I've decided I better change the lift pump as from previous posts I have determined its probably the culprit...now for my question, what exactly is the lift pump?? when Im searching online part stores I see a fuel pump listed for it, at a price of about 17 bucks...is this the right thing /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif and does that sound like the right price?? I see all the info I need to change it is tacked on the top of this forum...but is this what a lift pump is? why do they call it a fuel pump? I just dont wanna end up getting some lil inline electric fuel pump (cuz I allready have one...which helps in filter changing and purging my system of air....anyways..any help much appreciated!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

Lift pump is just like a regular fuel pump on side of a bbc and sbc. Looks same too, just runs lower pressure.