Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Question concerning an m1008.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uao85, Jun 4, 2006.

1. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

I am looking to lift my m1008 pretty soon and had a few questions about pinion angle. I am looking to lift it about 6" and have a set of 36" humvee mtrs on the truck so nothing too radical. My first question, I have heard that when you install a shackle flip on a blazer its a perfect cure for the bad pinion angle caused by the lift, but on longer wheelbase vehicles like a lwb or a sub that it will point the pinion too far upward and cause a bad pinion angle. Is this true? If so what can I do to fix this? Also what will I need to do to the front pinion angle after its lifted, I know I will need a longer driveshaft, but am curious if this is all I will need. I am thinking 6" front spring, and a 4" shackle flip in the rear with a zero-rate as far as the lift goes, or if the pinion angle is too much in the rear, maybe a 2.5" shackle flip and a 4" spring lift??? What would you guys do if it was your truck and this was the lift combo you wanted on the truck. What rear suspension setup would I need to go with to take care of the pinion angle as effectively as possible?

Regards,
    Remington

2. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

3. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The rear should have a factory shim in it, you may just need to remove it after the flip is installed.