Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyman85, Jun 20, 2006.

1. chevyman85

chevyman85 Newbie

i am going to put a 4 inch suspension lift on my 76 chevy k20. i have heard two ways of doing this. new rear leaf springs or a shackle flip. i was wondering which is the better way to go?

2. berserker

berserker 1/2 ton status

i believe the flip will give you more articulation:rolleyes: i think the springs will manely lift it don't hol me to this.:crazy:

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Good to see you finally listened to me and got on here.

You have actually 3 ways...Blocks which ive been telling you to stay away from since college, the lift springs which keep your mounts in the same location and worsen your rear driveshaft pinion angle.

Then there is in my opinion the best, the ShackleFlip. DIY4X, ORD and homemade ones all work about the same. They use your stock springs and can give you 4 inchs or lift or more depending on shackleflip. Your stock springs will also help to retain you a smooth ride.

Anyway im sure some of the otherguys will Chime in. But do a couple things, Fill in your user profile with your truck specs and such. Also Up towards the top is the search button. Alot of stuff has been covered and can be brought up in mere seconds. Good to see ya on here man.