Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Anteak, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Anteak

Anteak 1/2 ton status

On a lift kit, where is the lift measured from?
    Spring to the bump stop?
    I'm currently looking at a blazer that's for sale that claims a 4" lift installed by prior owners. Front spring has 2 leafs (stock set up?) but without the stock sag. Also running Rancho 9000s all around.
    And if it is lifted, how long do they normaly last?

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Im not 100% sure, but I believe the lift is measured by the amount of arch in the springs.

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I don't know about where the lift is measured from. I got a 4" lift from Rough Country and it raised my bumper height by about 6". But, tht is because of my sagging stock springs that were replaced.

As far as stock setup goes, tis was on a post earlier today, but stock front springs and lifted front springs are easy to tell apart. Stock front springs arch upwards, i.e. they resemble an upside down U; lifted front springs arch downwards, i.e. like a U.

Brian
    Click to see <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com> My 85 Jimmy </a>
    PM me for a great deal on blinker fluid! Best price on the net!

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

here is a post a while back where everybody listed what kind of list they had, etc. and they measured from the top of the axle to the bump stop bracket. you might wanna search for it and check it out.

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>

5. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Having compared multiple size lift springs side by side I've found that the springs are simply taller in height by whatever ammount of lift designated. This being accomplished by adding leaves, thickening the leaves, or increasing the arch of the spring. If you set stock springs on their eyes so that the high point of the arch is up in the air and then do the same with a set of x" lift springs then you'll see that the bottom of the spring pack on the lift springs is x" taller than the bottom of the stock spring pack.

Hope that made sense,
    -Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com