Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lift Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz316, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

I installed a 4in rough country lift and went with the rear blocks for cost consideration. The back sits noticably lower and on the drivers side front leaf pad the leaf isnt sitting level. I have about 1/4 in of space at the rear side of the leaf spring where it meets the pad.
    Ive driven it to see if it will settle after a little bit of time. No luck yet. Does anyone know the part number for the front springs? Mine are marked 8002. It looks like I was sent 6 inch springs. My 32s(which are being replaced) look like 29s....

"If it aint broke don't fix it" is like a 4 letter word.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.phatboy.alloffroad.com>PhatBoy.AllOffRoad.com </a>

2. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I know that my lift seemed much bigger than a 4" lift once I installed it. My truck had serious rear spring sag in the first place. That is why I went with the full spring kit. I had 32s and they looked miniscule. That is why I have since added 35s. If you would like, take a look at my lift pics on my website (My Tribute

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Check the center or your rear main leaf spring on the drivers side. I found my stock leaf was cracked right above the axle from fatigue.

What, Me Worry?

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Take the spring off that is not sitting on the perch level. First check and make sure there is nothing in the spring center pin hole in the perch. Sometimes mud builds up in there and you have to dig it out in order for the center pin(of the spring pack) to sit in there level.
    If that is clear, check for a bent spring perch!

Mike

<font color=green>"My K5 is purdyr than your sister!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

5. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

Okay, first you cant put the springs on backwards. The bushings and bolt sleeves are pretty specific. Skinny ones in the back. Both leaves had the same 8002 part number so Im figuring there wasnt a left or a right leaf. The driver side leaf is the one not sitting flush with the perch. I think the ubolt may be at a slight angle causing the lift on the rear side. I will release the pressure on the leaf pack and see if I can bang it straight. The U-bolts did not fit particularly well on this side of the truck. As far as the rear sag goes I will remedy that this weekend. 35s will be going on tomorrow.

Thanks to bigjbear.

"If it aint broke don't fix it" is like a 4 letter word.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.phatboy.alloffroad.com>PhatBoy.AllOffRoad.com </a>