Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lift question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fright89, Jan 9, 2002.

1. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

Hears the deal, I intend to do a suspension lift as soon as the weather gets good. I would appreciate any advice.
    I live in mass and inspections are tough and I think the law is 2” up or down so I guess I will go with some type of 3” most of my driving is highway but I love to go wheeling on the weekends. I like the idea of the shackle flip but I just dont need to be that flexy most of my wheeling is soft sand mud and snow no rock crawling . The problem I have now is the truck is way too bouncy. It has what I believe are stock springs and some big old blocks in the back to keep it level, not my doing, gutta get rid of those. I was crusing down the highway the other day and hit a section that was done in cement I started hitting those expansion joints and the front end started bouncing like crazy, every time the front end came down it would hit another joint and go bouncing back up. Totally unexseptable. I have removed the dual front shocks and replaced them with one 9000 which helped allot . I have heard you all talking about rough country and tough country, are they the same? So I need to get rid of those blocks and get rid of that bounce. What I am trying to avoid is drive shaft mods and steering mods.another reason for not going more than 3”. Take a look at the homepage pics in the bio it shows where I do most of my wheeling. Can you tell from the height if my springs are stock. Anyway they gutta go.

Thanks in advance

2. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Maybe you could benefit from just doing an add-a-leaf all the way around. They are cheap and would stiffen up the suspension and would net you 2" of lift. Longer shocks would probably be wise if you go this route. I got an error when trying your link off the bio page. Your truck is stock and you have blocks in the back now? Do your front springs have a positive arc or a negative arc? Frown or smile? You may have a 2" lift under it all ready.

Mudstud
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s6superliftand33s.msnw?albumlist=2>http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s6superliftand33s.msnw?albumlist=2</a>
    76K5 6" with 33s, sb400/350/203parttime/3.73-D44/GM12bolt

3. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

front spring smile. let me check the link